Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tournament Report: March 29, 2014

Location: Get Some Game
Deck Used: Dimensional Robo

Round 1: Vs. "THE BLOOD"
Game 1: He crossrode The Blood at 3 damage, and being unable to replace my front row were he to wipe it, I never gave him Ultimate Break. I broke rode Super Daiyusha and swung at him for 24,000 with a boost from Laurel. He dropped 3 10,000 Shields and I checked 2 Grade 3's to put it through. He went from 3 damage to 6 without seeing a heal.
Game 2: I tried to make an early push with Laurel, which ended with a double crit and him going to 5 damage. He ended up crossriding and checked a crit trigger on every drive check after that. I had a horribly scaled field, due to needing to call Dailanders and Daidrillers which, combined with me being forced to guard almost everything at 4 damage, whittled me away.
Game 3: I ended up break riding Daikaiser twice, which destroyed his hand from over guarding. He was forced to 1-pass me on my final break ride, and I got the Grade 3.
Result: 2-1
Record: 1-0


TD12-001EN (Sample)Round 2: Vs. Sealed Dragons
Game 1: He saw 3-4 of his draw triggers by the time we were on Grade 3. Combined with him break riding Dauntless -> Dauntless -> Blockade Inferno, I just couldn't hold out. On his last turn he used Inferno's Limit Break to kill my 1 Grade 2, which resulted in me being 5,000 Shield short to block everything.
Game 2: I don't remember this one terribly well, but he rode Blockade Inferno first, then rode Dauntless a couple turns later. I ended up Daikaisering through his shield for game.
Game 3: For most of this game, he didn't have any field aside from Dauntless boosted by Chambray, and I just amassed too much shield in hand to overcome. He healed down to 3 damage at one point and no guarded my Vanguard's attack, forgetting about Laurel. I hit a crit and I think another trigger and restood, and he didn't have enough shield.
Result: 2-1
Record: 2-0

Round 3: Vs. Sanctuary Guard/Jewel Knights
Game 1: He was stuck on Grade 1. He scooped after 3 or so turns of it.
Game 2: I rode Daikaiser and he let me Laurel, putting him to 5. He used Tiffany the next turn and made both Rear Guard columns hit for 3-stages. He hit a heal and I think another trigger on the drive check, and pushed me to 5. I broke rode Great Daiyusha and he dropped a Perfect Guard and three 10,000 Shield. There was no breaking through that, but I got a heal on the Drive Check. Next turn I Perfect Guarded his monstrous Vanguard column, using all the cards in my hand. I took his first Rear Guard attack and damage checked a draw, giving me enough power (and shield in hand) to survive. The next turn he 2-passed Great Daiyusha and, with my only Rear Guard column being some pitiful 5,000 Guard, I knew I either had to break it or I was going to lose the next turn. First check was a heal, which I immediately applied to the Vanguard, and the 2nd was a draw, putting it through. He didn't get a heal on either damage check.
Result: 2-0
Record: 3-1

Round 4: Vs. Celestials
Game 1: He used Sunny Smile Angel in his deck, and kept damage checking them for heals, then grabbing them with Nociel, boosting, and shuffling them back. So much healing. I broke rode Daikaiser and he double Perfect Guarded, and I only got 1 Grade 3, which didn't help guarding the next turn. His beatdown was better than mine and he took Game 1.
Game 2: I was stuck on Grade 1 for 3-4 turns, and he ended up with a Zerachiel in the Damage Zone and a couple Hesediels as boosters, making it nearly impossible to guard his attacks. I had 4-5 Grade 3's in hand as well, which didn't bode well at all. When I finally got a Grade 2, it was DaiDriller, which spelled doom.
Result: 0-2
Record: 3-1

I ended the tournament in 2nd Place overall, which earned me 4 packs, from which I pulled "Witch of the Cursed Talisman, Etain" and "Wolf Fang Liberator, Garmore." It was a very fun experience, and it was great to go to a new shop and meet new people. Shout out to Pojo member CrimsonBrawler for letting me use his Daikaiser deck for the event!

Decklist:

Starting Vanguard: Warrior of Destiny, Dai

Grade 0:
4x Justice Cobalt (Critical)
BT03-020EN-RR4x Dimensional Robo, Daibattles (Critical)
4x Dimensional Robo, Daicrane (Draw)
4x Dimensional Robo, Gorescue (Heal)

Grade 1:
4x Diamond Ace
3x Commander Laurel
2x Dimensional Robo, Dailander
2x Dimensional Robo, Daibrave
2x Dimensional Robo, Daitiger

Grade 2:
4x Dimensional Robo, Kaizard
4x Dimensional Robo, Daidragon
3x Dimensional Robo, Daidriller

Grade 3:
4x Super Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser
3x Super Dimensional Robo, Daiyusha
2x Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyusha

No comments:

Post a Comment